Design your own course
SCIP can create a training course to meet the needs of your staff, volunteers and clients.
We work with you to agree a budget, set clear objectives and design a programme that can cover topics from budgeting and mail merge to newsletter design and video production. We can also provide intensive 1-to-1 bespoke short courses from one hour to a half day.
Recent examples include:
- Fundraising and the Internet training for a network of refugee organisations in London [cost: £600 for eight people].
- Publisher training for a team working on a series of related publications in a medium-sized charity [cost: £600 for six people]
- Publisher and related training for a community newsletter group [cost: £1500 for six sessions for up to ten people]
- Managing an existing community website for a network of community activists [cost: £800 for four sessions for up to ten people]
- Digital video taster session in a young people's centre [cost: £300 for up to 12 people].
Figures are provided as a guide only - every course is priced individually and details are negotiated before a final price is agreed.
Charges and Funding
We base our charge on hourly rate for designing and delivering the course, plus hire charges according to the equipment and venues used. We currently charge £50/hour plus VAT to set up and run these courses, and can provide most of the equipment required to host the events for an additional fee [laptops, projectors, digital cameras, video cameras, etc].
Many of the courses have been funded by groups applying for grants, such as Global Grants or Awards for All. We can help prepare applications and provide relevant information to support such bids.
Get in touch
Give us a call or drop us a line and we can talk about what you're trying to do and how we may be able to help.